Research Projects at COSNET
The Complex Systems and Networks Lab investigates in several areas of different scientific fields: Communication Networks, Epidemiology, Evolutionary Biology, Network Theory, Online Social Systems, Socio-economic Systems, Synchronization Phenomena, and Systems Biology.
The Lab is supported by grants from our Institute, the University of Zaragoza, the Government of Aragón (DGA), the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation (MICINN) and the European Union. We are also supported by DGA through funds granted to the Excellence Group of Non Linear and Statistical Physics (FENOL).
Current and recently finished projects covering the activity of the Lab include:
- “Mathematical Framework for Multiplex Networks (PLEXMATH)”. European Commission. FET Proactive STREP Project number 317614. 2012-2015.
- “Foundational Research on Multilevel Complex Networks and Systems (MULTIPLEX)”. European Commission. FET Proactive IP Project number 317532. 2012-2016.
- “Centrality and Community models in mobile-phone telecommunication networks”. Trustserver S. L. 2012.
- “Structure and Dynamics of Natural and Manmade Complex Systems”. Government of Aragón, DGA. Project number FMI22/10. 2011.
- “Thematic Network: Dynamics and Synchronization in Networks”. Ministry of Science and Innovation. (MICINN) Project Number: FIS2010-09832-E. 2010-2011.
- “Tackling Complexity in Physical and Biological Systems: A Computational Approach”. Ministry of Science and Innovation. (MICINN) Project Number: FIS2009-13364-C02-01/FIS. 2010-2012.
- “Networks: A Framework for Cross-Disciplinary Applications”. Ministry of Science and Innovation, DGA and University of Zaragoza. 2010.
- COST action “Physics of Conflict and Cooperation”. European Union. 2009-2011.
- “Systems Biology of Mycobacterium tuberculosis PhoP: Signaling, Cellular Cycle and Epidemiological Interactions”. DGA, Project Number: PI038/08. 2008-2010.
- “Dynamics and Structure of Complex System”s. Ministry of Science and Innovation. (MICINN) Project Number: FIS2008-01240/FIS. 2009-2011.
- Thematic Network: “Dynamics and Collective Phenomena in Socio-Economic Systems”. Ministry of Science and Innovation. (MICINN) Project Number: FIS2008-01155-E/FIS. 2008-2009.
- Grant to the Consolidated Group FENOL. Government of Aragon, (DGA). 2008-2009.
- “Complexity in Biological and Social Systems”. DGICYT FIS2006-12781-C02-01. 2007-2009.
- “Global Approach to Brain Activity (GABA)”. European Union, NEST Pathfinder Call. 2007-2009. (subcontracted node).
- “Modeling Wireless Communication Networks”. DGA (MI06/2005). 2006.
- Thematic Network: “Applications of Statistical and Non-Linear Physics to Economy and Social Sciences”. Ministry of Education and Science. (MEC). 2005-2007.
- “Theory and Simulation of Complex Systems 2”. Ministry of Education and Science. MEC FIS2005-00337. 2006-2008.
- Grant to the Consolidated Group FENOL. Government of Aragon, (DGA). 2005-2007.
- “Complex Networks and their Applications in Physics, Biology and Information Technologies”. Ramón y Cajal Grant, Ministry of Education and Science. Project Number: RyC-2004-001210.
- “Emergent and Cooperative Phenomena in Complex Systems between Physics and Biology”. DGICYT FIS2004-05073-C04-01. 2005-2006.
- “Physical Models of Many Body Systems: Applications in Geophysics”. DGICYT Grant (Project Number. BFM 2002-01798). 2003-2005.