Structure and Dynamics of Networks
- the simultaneous characterization of the interactions and dynamics at a local scale and the study of their integration into a global and coherent dynamics at a system-wide scale,
- the study of how global dynamics affects local interactions,
- the statistical characterization of real networks,
- the design of realistic models,
- the study of other dynamical processes on complex networks and the emergence of collective behavior,
- the development and application of analytical tools to study complex networks,
- and the fostering of a community of (multidisciplinary) scientists, who master the discipline of complex systems and use it for their research.
Our research work aims at testing and demonstrating innovative use of tools and methods of complex networks that have been developed during the last few years, and we will support new methodologies and procedures in the analysis and design of complex systems. Furthermore, a considerable impact is expected by identifying the best course of action to transfer the acquired knowledge from basic sciences to the application level.
Selected Publications (for a full list of papers and pdf’s, please visit the individual profiles of group’s members)
- S. Boccaletti, V. Latora, Y. Moreno, M. Chavez and D.-U. Hwang, “Complex Networks: Structure and Dynamics”, Physics Reports, 424, 175-308 (2006).
- J. Gomez-Gardenes and Y. Moreno,”From Scale-Free to Erdos-Renyi Networks”, Physical Review E, 73, 056124 (2006).
- J. Gomez-Gardenes, Y. Moreno, and L. M. Floria, “Scale-Free Topologies and Activatory-Inhibitory Interactions”, Chaos (Focus Issue), 16, 015114 (2006).
- Y. Moreno, M. Nekovee, A. F. Pacheco, “Dynamics of Rumor Spreading in Complex Networks”, Physical Review E, 69, 066130 (2004).
- Y. Moreno, M. Nekovee, A. Vespignani, “Efficiency and Reliability of Epidemic Data Dissemination in Complex Networks”, Physical Review E, 69, 055101(R) (2004).
- J. Gomez-Gardenes, and Y. Moreno, “Local versus Global Knowledge in the Barabasi-Albert Scale-free Network Model”, Physical Review E, 69, 037103(2004).
- A. Vazquez, M. Boguna, Y. Moreno, R. Pastor-Satorras, A. Vespignani, “Topology and Correlations in Structured Scale-Free Networks”, Physical Review E, 67, 046111 (2003).
- Y. Moreno, R. Pastor-Satorras, A. Vazquez, A. Vespignani, “Critical Load and Traffic Instabilities in Scale-Free Networks”, Europhysics Letters, 62, 292 (2003).
- A. Vazquez, Y. Moreno, “Resilience to Damage of Graphs with Degree Correlations”,Physical Review E, 67, 015101(R) (2003).
- Y. Moreno, J. B. Gomez, A. F. Pacheco, “Instability of Scale-Free Networks under Node-Breaking Avalanches”, Europhysics Letters, 58 (4), 630 (2002).
- Y. Moreno, A. Vazquez, “The Bak-Sneppen Model on Scale-Free Networks”, Europhysics Letters, 57 (5), 765 (2002).